Monday, May 12, 2014

Of God And Country

                                                   On God And Country
                                                               by Wilbur

     Passed a post through on Facebook tonight that I didn't think much about, but as usual in my travel through the space time consortium it had ramifications. I agreed that I would like prayer allowed in schools. Well, as luck would have it a good friend of mine (from California) had some objection to that. Now back in the day I would have leaped upon my soap box and said all kinds of redneck stuff that would assuredly made me look like a fool. That having been said I've found that in the last ten years or so I have developed a frontal cortex and I generally think before I speak now, not being a lawyer so here goes. 

     I considered not only prayer in schools but a host of other conceptions and misconceptions about the south and respectively, Texas. In Texas we're a bit different so I always try to separate "us" from "them," but having been born in Louisiana I I have a perspective on Texans and foreigners that is fairly balanced. Beginning with school prayer. I thought long and hard about this and honestly I can't remember ever being part of a morning prayer in any grade I attended from the first in Lake Charles, Louisiana to my final grade in Killeen, Texas. I never saw anyone even cross themselves until I saw The Good The Bad And The Ugly and Tuco crossed himself and even then I didn't know what it meant. Religion was simply never a factor. I can't remember one kid even praying over his lunch, butI may have missed something. 

     Now this is where I'm going. It seems that every whacked out special interest group is hell bent on total destruction of every core belief most Americans have held all of their lives. The ones against prayer in school aren't just against a morning prayer in home room, they don't want a single kid bowing his or her head in the lunch room and saying a silent grace. They don't want the word, "God" coming out of their mouths, however, "God Damn" doesn't seem to bother them at all, but I digress. The same with the pro-choice crowd. They're not so much about pro-choice as they are at wanting as many abortions as possible and they get MAD if some girl turns back at the last minute and decides to be a mother instead of a murderer. Yeah, I just said that, get over it! The Gay Rights people, same thing. They allude to wanting to be free to live their life style, but actually they want to PRESENT their lifestyle to six year olds to make real sure that we don't run out of gay people in the next generation. See where this is going? Swat them bees, swat them bees. 

     If some kid wants to say a private prayer over his lunch, so be it. It's a private invocation between them and God, no matter how they perceive that God to be. A Muslim girl can wear a head scarf in school why can't a Catholic girl cross herself before eating? You will never separate church and state because unfortunately the church and the state are made up of the same people. 

     Young people are led to believe that my generation had Klansmen walking down every street, that gay people and blacks were hung every weekend and that every basement had a midwife doing abortions with with a coat hanger for twenty-five dollars or two chickens depending on where you lived. I have never saw a Klansman, my parents simply laughed at gay people, and Girls had babies like they were gonna stop making them next year. But, I was just born in Shreveport, Louisiana in the 1950's so what do I know, right? 

     The attack on Christians has got to stop. If it doesn't I fear we will see the backlash that these so called "liberals" always rail about because eventually what the people who work jobs, pay their taxes, and want grandchildren will come to understand is that these fringe groups are no longer just things they must put up with, but a danger to society that must be dealt with accordingly. Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment