Monday, March 6, 2017

It Helps To Have A Dog

I'm returning to writing. I got all caught up in the Facebook thing, and thought that was the trend, you know, live feeds, and all that, but the hate out there was just too much for me. America is a very unhappy place filled with unhappy people, and they take their anger out on just about everyone. At first I was going to just withdraw from the world, but that wouldn't work. I mean, I'm still gonna write. I got some calls about my five o’clock show, asking me to not give that up so that was the first concession I made, but I'm going to change the format. First off, no drama. None whatsoever. Gonna keep upbeat and positive. 

I'm going to make job one to turn out an article a day, except for weekends, I'll let the well fill on weekends. But Monday through Friday, SOMETHING, matter what. Nothing happens until that is accomplished and then everything else comes next even if I have to get up at three in the morning to do it. Then another concession came. I'm staying involved in a secret group. There are only seven of us, but we’re tight, and I get good ideas. There's an asshole filter on the door and I feel safe there. 

I'm going to absolutely dodge negative drama kings and queens, and I mean not even giving these people the time of day. Scott Binsack, Dana Falls, Amy Charron, the list is endless. I'm not allowing these people to rent space in my head anymore. I didn't know it bothered me, but it did when someone attacks my lifestyle, my family, or my good nature. I was going to write this book about Binsack, and was going to give the money away, and people went crazy. Falls lost her mind, even trying to say she had been involved in a similar project for three years. Now, there were many obstacles here. For one, she can't write a grocery list. And three years? That sounds like Binsack’s book, “Keeping It Real.” I could write a book on construction paper with a crayon in that time. You see, that's what gives writers a bad name. They sell word processors to idiots! I've written three books in the last three years. Two by accident. Write drunk, edit sober. 

Then there's distribution. They never considered that. What do they think? They will run over to Kindle and the world will beat a path to her door? After forty years I am just now going and finding a little surprise at the bank, and I do mean little. What do they have, a vision of Oprah hanging on their every word? Note here; Oprah can read! Then there's subject matter. Scott Binsack. This guy couldn't pull together a lemonade stand, but he impressed Dana. She thinks he’s Al Capone. He openly talks about his Mafia connections, naming names, and they think so little of him that they don't even slap him around. I hear about all these victims, but this small time shell game he ran was like robbing a gum ball machine! So, I'm sticking with THAT decision. I'm not writing that stupid book. 

Now for accusations and defamation. For all the people calling me a pedophile, unwashed drunk, or whatever . . . FUCK YOU! Did I get that right? Yeah, I think so. When you can video yourself masturbating in a motel I don't want to hear anything about my first wife! When you lost your medical license I don't need your input on my mental condition. When you're laying up drunk, screaming at me over the phone don't say a word about my beer. Oh, and while your firing up that pipe forget about my cigarette! Me and Pall Mall have a good thing going. 

Finally, I am refining my involvement with the public. I'm keeping some close friends, very close friends, but everyone else I'll hold at a distance. That's where the writing comes in. You can interact with a bunch of people and don't have to barge into their lives, and consequently they don't barge into yours. You can share a moment with thousands and never have to get all involved. So, an article a day, five o'clock show, kid’s show and Doc on Friday, Weekends are going to be just that . . . Weekends! I AM a writer, and what makes a writer is reflection. You gotta think! When you find yourself in a valley you have to give it the gas and climb the next hill. It helps if you have a dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment