Saturday, December 21, 2013

It Is What It Is

  
                                                        It Is What It Is
                                                             by Wilbur

   One of the reasons that I pulled away from the religious community was I found that most Christians obeyed the ten commandments, or eight of their choice. If you differ from them they get that fire in their eyes, and shortly thereafter they try to shove said fire up your ass. And don't even get me started on the "religion of peace," Islam, because I do have an opinion, and I DON'T need a bomb in my car. But, I've found that when you mix religion and political correctness you get a shit stew. 

     Phil Robertson is a redneck from Louisiana. My parents are buried near where he lives, so I've heard that type of stuff before. He spouts off things I heard in the Baptist church down on Laurel Street when I was five years old in Shreveport, and all the politically correct crowd gasps in snake amazement.  What amazes me is two things. One, what does his religious beliefs have to do with a simplistic reality series about duck calls, and two, why didn't A&E just let this play out? I would have milked this thing for everything it was worth, but that's just me! 

     Personally I don't give a shit what people think. If I can draw a line to the bank, I'm IN!  I have beliefs, but they are my beliefs and I rarely share. I don't condemn anyone, but if I don't like it I just don't do it. I've had several gay friends and even wrote a series of articles for the Gay Rights folks up in New York explaining constitutionality. I also wrote articles for the FLDS concerning polygamy, which I happen to support, but when I'm out with a gay friend I pick up on girls, and he does whatever floats his boat. Has nothing to do with gun rights, recipes or Obamacare. 

     Do I find homosexual sex distasteful? Yes. I find all screwing distasteful unless I'm the one doing the screwing. I also don't like watching someone take a shit, too. I have one pet peeve about gays, however. Years ago a friend of mine was telling me about interviewing job applicants in a call center in Austin. He told me that one thing that amazed him was that a lot of the time, if the person being interviewed was gay, they would eventually point that out as if it was relevant to the interview. He said, "That's like a straight guy saying, 'Hey, I really think you should know, I fuck women." 

     And I know, know, someone is going to chime in here with some stuff about how much abuse gays, blacks, or whomEVER have been set upon, and how we somehow owe them a get out of jail free card, well friends and neighbors, I'm poor white trash. Where's MY check? This started out to simply be a comment, and as you can see it grew. No doubt some of my readers, one in particular who will remain nameless will pick it apart, but in the words of the Apostle, Robert Vogan, "It is what it is!"

No comments:

Post a Comment