Friday, September 20, 2013

What Gun Rights Are Really About

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

     How simple is that? I've been reading a huge mountain of court rulings citing this or that, trying to worm through this one simple passage. The word "militia" and "people" seems to mess with a lot of people. The English law was referred to numerous times. The issue is emotionally charged with yet another shooting of thirteen more people in Chicago just last night. That type of thing is exactly where I'm going here. As the American Republic falls apart, and people become disillusioned our streets will become less and less safe the ability of the common law abiding citizens to defend them selves becomes a central concern. 

     Now let's get real here. You are not going to team up with your neighbors and jump on the Army in an armed insurrection. But let's get more real. The Army isn't the problem.  It is no longer safe to go to your car before sun up and drive to Starbucks for a cup of coffee. America is overrun with junkies, have nots and out and out psychotics who will kill you for your shoes. There are gangs of two or three who will hit your front and back door at the same time while a driver waits to escape with your wallet AND your fourteen year old daughter. You can call 911 and eventually the police will show up with that chalk they carry. That's horrible isn't it? What to do? The solution is simple. As simple as that amendment I quoted at the beginning of this article. That same fourteen year old girl can stop a line backer if she has a gun and knows how to use it. 

     The possibility of a gun in a home is a serious consideration for any crackhead bent on kicking in a door. This is reality folks. All the liberals out there are probably gagging at my words but they have created this brave new world we're all enjoying now. Gun free zones, tolerance of drug users, people who should clearly be in jail, or a psychiatric facility walking around among us are all combined to create a dangerous climate no civilized person would want to live in! 

     Most people are good and well intentioned. The elements that make our society dangerous are very small, so to take away self defense from the majority because of the actions of a few makes absolutely no sense at all. With animals running the streets are we to wait in our homes like sheep? In the home I live in I have witnessed first hand the street culture that is growing in our country now. This house was a crack house. Now let me explain to the uninitiated exactly what that is. The wife died. The husband was sick. He had Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.  The daughter and granddaughter were addicted to drugs and used prostitution to acquire their supply. They moved as many people as they could find into the once beautiful house. These people smoked crack, fornicated, and roamed the neighborhood robbing, returning to smoke more crack. They physically destroyed the house, and I'm not kidding. Defecating in the floors, kicking in the walls, and writing vulgar graffiti all over everything.  As luck would have it my ex-wife married the sick man and immediately moved him into her house, saving his life. 

     I returned from California and they asked if I would occupy the garage apartment situated in the front of the house. When I first saw the house I was appalled. It was impossible to even step onto the spacious country porch in the back of the house because of the overturned furniture and human bodies passed out there. The drug pushers and clients formed a line at the front door and the business never slowed. All through the night they would dope up and howl like wild animals. I had stayed with my son when in California. We went to the desert a lot, and I hung with Navy and motorcycle enthusiasts. The residents if the crack house seriously mis judged me. My ex's new husband asked me if I could do anything to help this situation. 

     The first thing I did was to secure my area. Next, I went to my storage and got my shotgun and my SKS 7.62 assault rifle. I put strong locks on my door and slept with my guns by my side. At first I laid back, not challenging the others as I learned. Several things became apparent. Surprisingly they had no guns! If they came upon anything that valuable it would immediately be sold for more crack. The other thing I figured out was that these people were physically weak and they were cowards. That was important. The first time I brought out a gun to break up a fight fifty percent of the customers left, never to return. After that it was one altercation after another until they were all gone. The daughter and granddaughter were last, leaving and returning until it ended with me being attacked in the front yard for money believed to be in my pocket that the daughter had told would pay for her crack. I won that event, but I drew a red line for the girls and made it very clear what would happen should they remain. These women had no conscious. They were evil incarnate. They had drugged my ex's husband and put him in a room, patiently waiting on him to die. I calmly informed them that they were animals, and made it crystal clear what I I was prepared to do in order to get rid of them. They left and I moved in two renters who worked construction. There were subsequent attacks on all of us but the people were weak and it ended badly for them. The former occupants believed that there must be a "stash" somewhere in the house, and would continue to try to break in for several months. As they were hurt or sent to jail the attempts finally ended, we cleaned the house, renovated it and now where crackheads lived children now play. 

     Now, I have no illusions about these people. I also have no illusions about the police. If you think the police are going to protect you then you are going to die. How dangerous are our streets? Imagine getting some gas at a connivence store. Seems simple enough, doesn't it? You step out of your car and walk toward the door retrieving your wallet. You never see the man who comes at you from your left side, hits you in the head with a rock, and runs away with your wallet. If he gets five dollars he's ahead because that will get him one bump of meth. Oh, and yes, you can call the police and they'll bring their little chalk. 

     The right of the people to keep and bear arms is very important. The police do not have guns to protect you, they have guns to protect THEM! In a fully armed populace the people are the ones who are in control, and are much safer than relying on help that may be an hour away. In a fully armed populace the drug addicts are very aware that there are consequences for their actions. In a fully armed populace your fourteen year old daughter wakes up in her bed in the morning!

     I'm so sorry the nation is in this state of affairs. I wish it were not so. You're better off in Texas than you would be in say, New York, where the possession of a gun, or for that matter, a Big Gulp is against the law. As Texas pulls away from the madness hopefully we can avoid some of the pitfalls the Americans have stumbled into. One thing will be a revised Bill of Rights, the second amendment saying, "Y'all can have guns!"

No comments:

Post a Comment