Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Breaking of Texas 1, 2, 3

                                      The Breaking of Texas 1, 2, 3

     I saw a post today by a Facebook friend of mine concerning Wendy Davis. Now I want to say right off the bat that I don't know a lot about Wendy, other than the fact that she's a liberal democrat so that indicates she's a nut. That having been said I'm a Libertarian and after our sterling reviews on CNN, MSNBC, and the recent statement coming out of the NRA, not to mention that wonderful picture of one of our outstanding members lounging in a field  of bluebonnets that for me to call Wendy a nut is a little like the pot calling the kettle black. Pink is the new black. ( Wonder if I can sell that to the networks?) 

     What drew my attention wasn't so much the "Abortion Barbie" rag campaign by Gregg (Ironsides) Abbott as it was one of the comments on the thread, i.e. "As more normal people move to Texas this will level out." I spoke with my son in California the other night and he said the people in California were dancing in the streets as in excess of 1500 of these "normal" people a day were fleeing the state they had created for the greener pastures of the Lone Star State. Many moons ago I wrote a song:

The grass ain't green it's brown where I live down in Texas
But it seems all the folks up north sure know where that is
Cause when New York City ran out of work
And all the little snow birds lost their shirts
They drug their out of work asses down to Texas!

     These "normal" people took the most prosperous, beautiful state in the union, the epitome of the American dream, and turned it into a disaster, the laughing stock of the entire world. If you want to make a point about absurdity all you have to say is the word "California" and even Tibetan monks catch the joke. We have one saving grace. Texas is a culture, not a state. In fact I find the word "state" repugnant. That puts Texas in the same league as Iowa. Texas was formed in revolution and was a republic. Iowa was, well they had to call it something so they called it Iowa. 

     Still, we have to keep our guard up. Some people we embrace. They weren't born in Texas, but they got here as fast as they could. Sam Houston, Davy Crockett, Doc Greene. Integrity is hard to come by. Integrity is where you take a stand and then you stand by it. Doc made some comments on his radio show about the gay life style. He didn't hate on them, he didn't call for mass murder, he just made some matter of fact comments and didn't back up. I don't know for the life of me why he stepped down from his post in the party. You would have thought he called Obama's wife a nappy headed ho! He didn't. He just stated facts according to his opinion. 

     The new immigrants from California would have it so that people like Doc would be silenced forever. He doesn't fit in with their world view. They miss the economics of SoCal and people like Doc fight to keep that from happening here. He is also against a small vocal minority running the state to their own ends. I'm against that too. I don't gay bash. I'm a product of Austin and the very STREETS are pink there. But, I believe in freedom of expression, and while respect your right to shine your butt off in a field of blue bonnets. I demand the right to laugh MY butt off when you do it. Swat them bees, swat them bees. 

     Texas is the last hope for America. Yeah, we're crazy. Yeah we wear funny boots. Still, we simply believe the constitution was written for a reason. We also tend to believe in God. That is my issue with Wendy Davis. I believe that every child conceived was conceived for a reason and to abort one goes against the will of that God.  Yes, even rape! I'm not saying rape is a good thing but two wrongs do not make a right and killing a baby, no matter what you call it is murder plain and simple. I'll never deviate from that, I'm too frigging old! There are things I like about Wendy, her legs for instance, and I'll never change, I'm too frigging old! 

     People don't say things like that because it's not politically correct. Everybody wants to be "in," or where they think "in" is. Truth is most Texans think pretty much think like I do but never speak up because they don't want controversy or they don't realize that this demographic change may cost us Texas. Wendy Davis is like that. Ask her how many abortions SHE'S had. Then ask her how many votes she thinks she'll get filibustering for pro-choice. See where that's going, but like I said, nice legs. (I like her hair too.)  

     I won't hate on Gregg Abbott because he'll play the cripple card on me, and being a cripple myself I have to stick with the union. What I will say is Kathie Glass is your best choice for Governor. If you like the same Ol' same Ol' you have two other choices. Wendy is the one with the long blonde hair. Kathie has an uphill fight a fight that she may lose, but where is it written that only two parties have the ordained right to produce statesman? You want to see real change? Let Kathie Glass take that oath of office. 

http://youtu.be/n_atG5L4LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment