Monday, August 18, 2014

The Pot Calling The Kettle Black

                                   The Pot Calling The Kettle Black

     Years ago my business partner, W C Dorrill, told me, "Be sure your sins will find you out." I think that's been my motto ever since. When I launched my series of articles concerning Rosemary Lehmberg it was not because I am a sterling example you would want to hold up before your children. Far from it. It was because I'm the one person in Texas who can fly in her face and not fear any repercussions. In former times I would be referred to as a drunken asshole. Now I'm the "Most Interesting Man In Texas." She thinks she can drink? -->I<-- can drink! After forty-two years in country music, at the publishing level, I have out drank many folks at parties and done things that would make a sailor blush with shame. I'm lucky my ass isn't in jail! I've become a Mexican citizen, bootlegged Coors beer from Burnet to Killeen for the city council, coyoted illegals across the border, worked in strip clubs, been a bag man for gangsters, and have enough ex-wives to start a softball team. If you want to dig dirt on me you'd better bring a dump truck. But the one thing I've never done is fill an elected position and betray the people's trust by portraying myself as an upstanding American and champion of the truth! 

     Remember when Jesus was listing sins? What was the last thing he said that day? "...as are all LIARS!" Peter hung his head in the boat that night and said, "Be thou far from me, Lord, for I am a sinful man!" But he wasn't a liar. Rosemary Lehmberg is a liar! And she can't sue me because she'd have to go into court and prove she's not a liar. And what makes it bad for her to have me on her ass is that I understand her world. I'm not the pot calling the kettle black, I'm the pot calling the kettle OUT! 

     Rick Perry has his faults, but one of those faults is NOT tooling down a bike path with a blood-alcohol level of 2.39! That, and he was perfectly within his rights to veto anything he wasn't comfortable with. His logic was simple. "You are on a committee to oversee the ethics of other people and you have NO ethics! Not to mention the track record of that group leaves a little to be desired. Case in point, Tom Delay!

     The appellate court in September 2013 tossed a high-profile jury verdict, ruling that "the evidence was legally insufficient to sustain DeLay's convictions." In a dissent, the lone Democrat on the three-judge panel argued the evidence for a conviction was sufficient enough to convince a rational jury that criminal conduct had taken place.

     Notice the dissenting judge was a democrat! And this is how they roll, folks. That "ethics" group was squarely behind the DeLay fiasco. The main problem with Rick Perry and his veto had nothing to do with a woman who betrayed the public trust, it rested solely upon the fact that Rick is a republican! Maybe we need to have two governors. One for the democrats, and one for the republicans. Oh, my bad...THREE! One for AUSTIN democrats. There. That's better. 

     This is really not about Lehmberg's drinking. It's about her complete lack of discretion. Rick Perry's abuse of power? How about a district attorney stumbling across a line, trying to stay on her feet, asking the officers HOLDING HER UP if they knew who she was? How's THAT for abuse of power? Now I'm not going to speculate on things, but I'd like you to ask yourself; what do you think Rick Perry would have done in that same situation? 

     We all make mistakes. We have all fallen short of the glory. What you do after you fall is the measure of your character. Rosemary Lehmberg is sadly lacking in what it takes to serve the people of Texas. Notice I did NOT say America because they have Obama and don't get me started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment