Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Loss Of Self

                                                          Loss Of Self
                                                        by Wilbur Witt

     Like many of you I struggle to stay within constraints when voicing my opinions, as strange as that sounds, because I know that certain stereotypes are applied when we say some things. I read a lot, and I watch a lot of film. I happened upon this video http://youtu.be/ZeUT3cPns9s and watched it, then I watched it again, and another, and then I noticed I was crying. It suddenly dawned on me that we have become so indoctrinated with political correctness that we dare not even think certain thoughts. I had lost myself  While other races can rant and rave, say all manner of indecent things about us we dare not even echo the words, "White Pride!" to say such a thing will get you labeled as a racist, yet other people's can expound their ethnic roles loudly. Well, this has to stop. To be proud of the Greeks, the Romans, the Germans, and all other European people's is not a sin, and it does not mean you're a racist. It simply means that you give honor to all those who have gone before you. It means that you have a right to remember them as much as any other race has a right to honor, and remember their ancestors, and you don't have to apologize for it. 

     It doesn't imply hate. It appreciates other cultures, indeed embraces them while embracing self and in doing so you can demonstrate self to others so that they, too, may embrace you. There is something fundamentally wrong with a society that has become so withdrawn that you must deny your very self in order not to offend anyone, because when you do that you ultimately betray, and lose yourself!

     I don't like Rap as much as I do Country, but as a songwriter I appreciate what the artists have gone through to get their product out to the market. I could never wear my pants low, but when people do I understand that they, like me, are projecting self. I don't believe a cross should burn in anyone's yard, but I don't believe a young man should be shot while jogging simply because he's white. I put up a link today about a young white couple who were brutally murdered by a gang of blacks and someone responded that it was five years ago. Does that make it any less wrong? Does that make them any less dead? Does that make it any more outrageous? 

     Decent people come in all colors. Martin Luther King was a decent man, a great man, a man who never denied self. Chief Dan George was a scholar who fought for his people until the day that he died, but Thomas Jefferson was, too, and so was Socrates. So was Pope John XXIII. The cowboys who stumbled upon that poor kidnapped girl in Idaho a couple of weeks ago had the same heart wp as the man who kicked in that door in Ohio and saved those three young ladies. Good decent people are everywhere. We need to stop playing the mainstream media game, quit being politically correct and just be who we are! We need to be ourself!

     As I write this a young man came out of my house. He's on his way to make a Rap video. I'm very excited for him. I hope he goes far. I hope he never loses self. I just found mine again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment