Friday, August 23, 2013

On Al Sharpton

On Al Sharpton                                                          Al Sharpton                                                        by Wilbur Witt       I began this morning over coffee and smokes about to write a hell raising blog about Al Sharpton. I was particularly disturbed by his ignoring the murder of the Australian man in Oklahoma by some black kids, and very aware that Sharpton wore out vantage miles getting to Florida for the Trayvon Martin circus. I decided to do a little research and read several things, including this article:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton.  I expected to find lots of fodder to use, focusing on some racial comments he'd made. Well, to be honest, I was impressed. I read one case after another where Al had leaped to the fore, even going to jail for what he believed in.        It is so easy to play the race card these days. Actually, it shows a lack of debate skills where not being able to substantiate an argument one falls back on a disconnected, obtuse method of presentation which disarms the opponent solely by virtue of being so stupid in the first place. I'm a simple old boy from Austin, not a STUPID old boy from Austin. Most white people flee from that charge. Not me. Just last week I was getting into my car at Valero with a twelve pack when a black man approached me and asked for one of my beers. I told him no, to which he said I was a racist. Now what does me turning him down for a free beer have to do with race relations?  I just looked at him and said, "Yeah," and drove away leaving him there with his face hanging out. Let Obama buy you a beer, asshole!        Sharpton makes some strong, sometimes politically incorrect statements, but if you will note the above you will realize he and I are brothers in dialog. I think Al, like me, is simply allergic to bullshit. He was raised in New York, and I was raised in Texas, but we both have the unique ability to stick our foot in our mouths. What happened to that boy in Oklahoma was wrong, but that was the action of individuals, and it's not Al Sharpton's job to race everywhere turning over every rock. You will notice his is NOT mentioning or defending the killers. You will note that white people are not out burning buildings or marching in the streets. (How'd you like that one, Al?)       This race thing will continue, and as long as it does there will be people like Sharpton who get in the mix, and yes, make a little money at the same time. America will never be free of this, but what we can be free of is nonsense. Yelling, "Racist" simply because you are too I'll informed, or just stupid to conduct a valid conversation will just bury you, and eventually all the Al Sharptons in the world will not be able to dig your dumb ass out!

No comments:

Post a Comment