Thursday, August 29, 2013

Romeo and Julliette

                                                  Romeo and Juliette
                                                       by Wilbur Witt

     "I don't know!  You hear me," the man spoke into his cell phone, "I'm just here, and that's all I know. "

     "When will I ever see you again?"

     "Look, you keep asking the same questions, and I keep telling you the same thing. I told you I'm here, that's it, probably for a while, and you calling me ten thousand times, blowing up my phone ain't gonna change that! That's why I get mad at you. You got me mad right now. I don't want to be with you. Maybe you stop calling me all the time and after I work this out I'll call you, but you gotta let me do it. Had to leave the house to talk to you. Walking in circles cause I don't want no one to hear me arguing with you."

     "I just love you. Maybe I could come up there."

     "Are you crazy? I ain't got enough shit in my life without you popping up?I got all this shit, and now you gonna just pop up?"

     "You always so mean to me."

     "Mean? I'm mad 'cause you won't let me breathe. I can't keep my phone charged, now I'm walking in circles 'cause I don't want my family to hear me arguing with you! You saying same thing over, and over, and over again, and ain't shit I can do about it. You just keep on! If I hang up you'll just call back ten thousand times. I'm so mad right now, and you keep me that way. Maybe you just let me be and we can work this out, ok?"

     "I call cause I love you."

     "Well show me that love by giving me some space. Let me work this thing. Shit! Now there's somebody staring at me! You done that. I'm looking so much like a fool somebody's scoping me!"

     "Who is it?"

     "I don't know. I ain't from here? See, there you go again, with more dumb ass questions. You're just pissing me off more."

   "You don't know them?"

     "Hell no! Some creepy-ass cracker . . ."

     

No comments:

Post a Comment