Monday, August 3, 2015

This Is What Happens When You Call The Cops

 
People love to play numbers. Whenever the playing field changes there are always
    People love to play numbers. Whenever the playing field changes there are always people claiming that the obvious is not so obvious and are we going to accept the spin, or believe our lying eyes. I did a chapter in my last book, "Simple Old Boy From Austin," titled, "Time Was," where I lamented the "Good Old Days." We all do that, I guess. When the world is going so fast that we can't keep up we long to turn back the clock and slow the pace a bit. 

    Well, time was we'd see something horrendous about once a year, or two, maybe. Charles Whitman would climb his tower, and absolutely NOone would even consider doing that for years. I don't think I can recall one police officer shooting anyone unjustified from the time I was in high school until . . . well, now! Here's where the numbers come in. Now, even as I write these words someone out there is going to say that this behavior has been going on for a long time, and the advent of of social media, and smart phones are just shining a light on it. That having been said, its every week! And it's always the same circumstances, and the people are always the same color. It's all too much! This is what happens when you call the cops!

    I'm the first one to tell people how to act when confronted by a police officer. Keep your hands on the wheel, don't make any sudden moves, COMPLY! Why should I even have to tell American citizens that? Look at this last killing in Ohio. How old was the victim? Early 50's? He's MY generation. He grew up getting out of the car and approaching the officer. Try THAT! And the use of deadly force. Take a look at some of the last killings. Man selling cigarettes, boy with toy gun, man fleeing child support, man selling drugs. At no point was a police officer's life in danger! We're not talking Charles Whitman here. Shucks! We're not even talking Willie Wonka! Ok, black folk get freaky when they're being arrested. Call me a racist. When they should comply they ask questions. They get confrontational at times as their sense of right and wrong comes into play. And I'm continually hearing that they understand they are black and the rules are different for them. What the hell is THAT? 

    I carry a gun. I watch eyes, even cop eyes, and observe their hands should they freak out. I worked for GANGSTERS when I was young, and that's not "gangstas," gangSTERS! Men who made a lot of money doing illegal stuff and had people with guns to insure the security of the operation. Why should an unarmed drunk man during a traffic stop have to know those things? Ok, he ran. You would have caught him. But, shoot him in the head? He had no GUN! If you're going to be a cop, and you're that scared of the American people, you need to go to work somewhere else. "Oh, Wilbur, you don't know the danger out there in the street." I don't? I live in Killeen, Texas, FOOL! Killeen cops are great. With not one but TWO active shootings, a couple of armored divisions, a diverse culture, and more dope than Afghanistan, Killeen cops have their minds right. Maybe we should assign a task force of Killeen cops to go around the country teaching other departments how to behave like MEN! I would trust a Killeen police officer with my life. When was the last time you could say that? If I rolled up on an officer in a deadly situation I would help the officer. 

    You can be aware without being Robocop. You can arrest without breaking bones. I've seen a drunk girl actually attack Killeen cops and they picked her up by her arms and legs, rolled her onto the ground, handcuffed her, and we all laughed. It's the TRAINING! When you're told that you're in an animal cage over and over you pick up a chair and a whip. And preying on the public? Firemen don't go looking for fires. Paramedics don't cruise the streets trying to find sick or injured people. ROBOCOP! If we need you, we'll CALL! 

    You're never going to change black think and cop think overnight. But we have to change it. These videos are every week! And they're always the same. If this were a TV show it would be cancelled after the first thirteen weeks for lack of content. Somewhere in the great beyond officer Cordus Jackson sits with his harp, watching all this shaking his head. One black Killeen Police officer in a neighborhood of little hoodlums just like me . . . and we LOVED him!
 
Simple Ol' Boy From Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment