Friday, September 19, 2014

Black and White



     To hate someone solely for the color of their skin is insanity. To blindly side with someone solely for,the color of their shin is also insane! I don't believe I've seen that kind of blind racial hatred in years. In fact, even back in Louisiana, as a child, I did not see anyone who voiced that kind of hatred in public because they knew such a mindset had no substance. But, racial stereotypes abound, and they have no limits. When a stereotype is expounded you never know will accept them as gospel. Even the people the stereotype seeks to categorize! 

     The Hip Hop culture is a prime example of this. Instead of striving toward a goal of a better life through education, hard work, and just plain old common decency, the sub culture chooses to exemplify the low, the ignorant, the base. Degradation of women, bastardization of the language, abandonment of any sign of morality. Taking "music" that has no redeeming value whatsoever, and using the power of mass production and the defensiveness of the adolescence to turn a dollar and call trash hits! 

     The kids begin to accept "Bizarro" world view, even to the point of calling themselves a term that if my Ma-maw had heard coming  out of me, would have washed my mouth out with soap, and she had lye soap back then. Lye soap will cure a lie, believe me. On the exact opposite end of the spectrum are the liberals who will accept just about anything so long as a black person said it. They never stop to realize the people they try to hold up hate them just as much  as they hate a Klansman down in Alabama. (Are any of those guys even still around?) 

     When a black voice of reason rises above the babble of the rappers they are attacked, basically being told to know their place, shut up, stop trying to be white. But those voices will not be silenced! Voices like Dr King, the Reverend John David Manning, and the Apostle Claver. Their voices reverberate and will rise above the cauldron of racial division perpetuated by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barak Obama! 

     Appreciating differences in people is not bad. It can even be humorous at times. When I grew up in Texas we were so poor we thought the people on welfare had government jobs because they had a check. But I didn't STAY in Simmonsville. Like all my friends,  I thought The world was flat because when people left Simmonsville they never came back. This should be the goal of every kid born into poverty. They should want out and know there's no way but up. And you don't have degrade yourself, or accept anything just because there is a dollar attached to it somewhere.

     It's not white. It's not black, it's AMERICAN! You all have heard the joke about the Jewish mother talking about her son, the DOCTOR! What she's really saying is, "He did better than ME!" My son is a Command Master Chief in the Navy. He did better than ME! He moves in a world I will never understand, and I don't have to. He DOES! And my granddaughter, Kylie will eclipse him. Some day Senator Kylie will tell a crowd, "I remember my dad raising me and my brother on his Navy check. Somewhere in LA, right now there's a little black boy playing with his basketball. And he is dreaming of the day when his shirt will read, LAKERS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment