Thursday, September 4, 2014

Civil Rights and a Few Lefts

Civil Rights and a Few Lefts

 
     I never cease to be amazed by lawyers, no really! I suppose we need them.  I used them for my first four divorces, but the last one I just did myself. What amazes me is how very simple concepts can very quickly evolve into complex, long drawn out extravaganzas with no end in sight. A lawyer can sit on either side of the docket with equal enthusiasm. How many lawyers have you seen leave the prosecutor’s office and trip off into private practice?
 
     Now let’s look at civil rights. Now right up front I’d like to say civil rights are not for everyone. You have to meet some criteria to have them. Race, money, or CNN coverage are usually required before you get civil rights. Take the O J Simpson case.  Beautiful job by Johnny C and the boys on that one, (loved that glove scene) and O J was acquitted. Uh, dat mean he didn’t do it, ok? Then, here came the lawsuit.  It seems O J violated the dead folk’s civil rights when he DIDN’T kill them.  And it cost him MONEY! On what planet does that make any sense.  Oh, sorry, it was in California, I stand corrected.
 
     Now, for your enjoyment let’s look at Michael Brown. I’ll tread lightly because I understand that he’s being beatified for sainthood, but here goes. How can I put this. . . oh yeah; Michael Brown was a thug. Swat them bees, swat them bees. He rolled a store clerk for a box of cigars, stomped off down the street, attacked a cop, and got shot. Seems pretty open and shut to me, but then, I’m just a simple ol’ boy from Austin. Anyway, heeeeeeere’s ERIC! Seems when this kid got wasted he hit the ground with a criminal record as long as his massive arm. That don’t MATTER! Eric and the boys are trying to say that his civil rights were violated. WHAT civil rights? The right to steal cigars? How about the right to commit murder two, huh, what civil right is THAT? And all the angelic pictures all over the news.  Look, friends and neighbors, this guy was NOT the “Green Mile,” he was a dirt road!
 
     Holder shows up in Ferguson ranting and raving about how rough HIS life has been because he’s black. Oh, peaches. . . try growing up in PoDunk, Texas in the 1960’s buddy! We had to steal cars because NOBODY would sell us one. I had a friend talking one time about something that had happened and to remember the day of the week he said, “I know it was Thursday, because we had meat.” Oh, Eric, I’m so sorry for your misfortune. Where can I send you a couple bucks to get you by. Oh, I forgot, your buddy gave you a good job.  Between that and gunrunning you’ll probably do all right. Of course when the job plays out you can always be a commentator on CNN ranting and raving about your complexion.
 
     IF Michael had been arrested and shot solely because of his skin color then THAT violates his civil rights. Getting shot while bull rushing a cop is NOT a violation.  There, that’s your Law 101 for today. Years ago I was charged with a crime.  Oh yes, oh yes, me! I absolutely didn’t do it. In a heated argument with the DA I asked, “Does it matter that I did not even DO this?” He said, “The truth has no place in this building and the sooner you realize that the happier you’re going to be!” The Republic of Texas won’t come soon enough! 
Wilbur Witt
Austin Texas



No comments:

Post a Comment