Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Latté Anyone?

     I'm going to jump off into that old demon, racism, again today. Seems I shared an article yesterday from Glen Beck, yet again analyzing what the First Lady said that day, long ago, as the flag was being presented at a 9/11 memorial service. You all have seen it. She leans over and mumbles something. It has been construed that she said, "All of this for a damn flag!" Now, yet again, I'm just a simple ol' boy from Austin, but I just can't bring myself to believe that the First Lady, in public, with full knowledge that the cameras are recording every breath, would utter such a thing, so I just let it go. She's a WOMAN! She wanted to be at Macy's, with her daughters. Sheesh!

     Well, never to leave any stone unturned, Glen employed some deaf guy to read Michelle's lips and seal the deal. Only problem was it backfired on him. This man, who's everyday existence depends upon accurately deciphering what people are saying simply from a glance at their lips told Glen she actually said, "Look how they fold that flag!" I was actually pleased. This sort of statement would fit nicely into my view of a First Lady, so I shared the article, thinking that others would read it and see the logic also. Well, I got accused of being a racist. 

     Now, normally I'll just let this kind of thing blow by, but for some reason, my level of hangover this morning simply would not permit it. So, I took exception. First, and foremost, the article had nothing to do with race. Look at it on the surface. Woman whispers to her husband in a very public venue, video circulates through the media, people hanging on her every word, and pros and cons emerge about just WHAT was being said. What does her complexion have to do with that? Now, I'm not a real political analyst, but I just can't seem to connect the dots. All but ONE dot. I'm WHITE! 

     Yep, dey it is! There's the sign. If Al Sharpton had passed that article it would have instantly been understood that he was trying to vindicate The First Lady, but since I did it there simply MUST be a sinister motive, fueled by the Klu Klux Klan!  Nope. I actually watched the clip several times and was intrigued by the verdict. I put this entire episode into the same drawer as the "Umbrella Man" at the JFK assassination. You remember him. Some guy, standing precisely on the curb when the first shot rang out, with an opened umbrella. Yeah, that guy. No one else had an umbrella so the conspiracy nuts seized upon it and figured out he was some kind of signal identifying President Kennedy for the shooters. Never mind Kennedy was riding in an open Limo with hundreds of people screaming and waving and pointing cameras at him. Combine that with the fact that there was this chick sitting RIGHT beside him in a pink hat! The guy was dragged before CONGRESS to explain what the umbrella meant. Well, come to find out, it had something to do with the president's dad, Joe Kennedy, way back when he was ambassador to the Court of Saint James, rolling all the way back from there to Prime Minister Chamberlin, and the opening of the umbrella, at that precise moment was Umbrella Man's way of telling John F. Kennedy that his father was a prick! Gee, glad Umbrella Man wasn't black, huh? 

     So, here we have President Barak Obama, leader of the free world, champion of hope and change, tower of wisdom for the downtrodden masses, and the only defense his supporters can come up with is, "You're only saying that 'cause he's black!" Well, he's not black, he's more of a Latté! Combine that with the fact that he couldn't get a pizza order through Congress if he was paying for it and providing the beer! But never mind that, I must be a racist because I passed an article on Facebook. I didn't know national politics was so simple. I should run for President, I really should! 

No comments:

Post a Comment