Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Spot On

  


   I just love it when I'm spot on! I try to boil issues down to a manageable level, and sometimes I'm accused of not seeing the true complexity of the modern world. Well, silly me, I'm just a simple ol' boy from Austin, but when I see little things like giving guns to the Mexicans it's just not that complicated. Just yesterday another one of my prophecies was fulfilled by Texas Monthly Magazine. Way back during the campaign I made a note that just maybe, Wendy Davis' views might not be palatable to the average Texas voter. It was a simple observation, really. Wendy was pushing all the Norté buttons and began running all over the state campaigning like she was up in New York or some place. I even had a couple friends (women)'who swore by her. Now these two voters were of the liberal mindset, i.e. vote for Obama because he's black, vote for Davis because she's a woman, you know the deal. Anyway there's no swaying them.

     I was kind to Wendy during the campaign because one, she's a lady, and I'm always polite to ladies, and two, I'd hate to piss off a possible future Governor. But you know there is a Murphy's law of stupid. It goes like this: In any given situation where two people are pitted against each other you can count on one of them doing something so stupid that it defies logic. Now ol' Wendy knocked the ball out of the park on this factor. While Gregg Abbott was out running Austin traffic in his wheel chair, a very good commercial I might add, Ms Davis was releasing a book bragging about not one but TWO abortions she'd had in order not to inhibit her career. Sitting there like she had good sense running dead babies up the flag pole two at a time. Now Wendy was the darling of the East Coast liberals. She won their hearts during her filibuster in the Texas Senate. You remember that. That Herculean effort she put forth while having a catheter installed? Nothing like having a Senator talk for eighteen some-odd hours with a bag of piss between her legs, but I guess that's the kind of thing that turns some people on. 

     So she comes out with this book talking about her abortions. Next she found a show stopping move that topped it all. Now save your fork, folks, this is gonna get good! How do you follow up a couple of brilliant moves like those? Well, you do the demographics and find that Texas has a very large percentage of Mexican American voters. Now just how do you get those people to swing your way. Why you take a trip to the valley and try to convince these CATHOLICS to start killing their babies! Never mind that they are traditionally Democrat anyway, forget all that, go down there and expound on the beauty of an abortion clinic! Like the HomeBoys in Killeen say, "Whomp! Dey it is!" Heeeere's your sign! 

     Democrats started bailing on her like their hair was on fire. I saw it the moment she did it, and I put it into an article. Naturally, there were those who told me it wasn't all that simple, and there were more complex issues. Nah, just the absolutely stupidest thing she could have done. I think Gregg Abbott actually stopped actively campaigning at that point and began preparing to move to the Governor's mansion. Gregg subscribes to my tweets by the way, <Wink> which means in all likelihood he read that article. 

     So now we have that lovely cover of Texas Monthly showing the Right Honorable Wendy Davis stepping in a cow chip. Gosh, Texas Monthly, that's too simple. The campaign was far more multi-faceted than THAT! I just love it when I'm spot on!

No comments:

Post a Comment