Thursday, December 18, 2014

Shopping Tips

     While I try to follow the party line I reserve the right to make my own choices. When someone tells me not to like something I always weigh that advice with my own criteria. That, and my political correctness barometer is set to zero. I never do something to appear correct to prying eyes. Here's a list of my personal likes and dislikes. You don't have to follow these, just do your own thing, ok?

Walmart
     I like Walmart. It's big, it has stuff I want, and the carts are always charged up. Sometimes I go to Walmart just to ride around. I grew up in a town with very few choices as far as stores went. With Walmart I can go to one place and buy anything from a hamburger to a book to a beer. I don't care about low wages. I care about "falling prices." Now Walmart employees are for the most part brain dead. That's why they don't make much money. You don't pay idiots in the six figure range. I have actually asked where a particular item was while positioning myself right in front of the item and been told, "That's not my department!" That's ok with me. I KNOW where the beer is!

HEB 
     For those of you not in Texas HEB is like Kroger's on steroids. HEB will put a store right across the STREET from a Walmart and compete head to head with it. I don't like the fact that HEB uses Mexican illegals, but I do like the fact that most of the checkers are young, pretty girls. That always enriches my shopping experience. Especially when they help me take my stuff to my Mercedes.  I mean the SEE the beer, wine and cigarettes, and they SEE the car, but I digress. Texas girls are delightful. The meat is good. There's even a "Better cook this TODAY" isle where the prices are quite low. The employees know a lot more about the store than the average Walmart employee, but that's all good. I KNOW where the beer is!

Starbucks
     I don't like Starbucks, and it's not entirely their anti-gun stand. Their coffee is too damn high! I can buy my OWN Expresso machine, thank you very much. When they allowed smoking on the deck that was cool, but they stomped out the cigarettes long about the same time they ran CHL holders off. So I'm sitting there thinking, when this place gets robbed, and it will get robbed, I'm going to be standing before a firing squad without even a last cigarette! Starbucks politically corrected itself right out of my wallet. 

McDonald's
     In contrast to Starbucks a senior coffee at McDonald's is around forty-nine cents. You can get the fancy coffee and they're more expensive, but still beat the hell out of the Mermaid place. Oh, forgot to tell you, I don't like the Starbucks Mermaid either. Nothing to do with Satanic cults, I just don't like women who smell like fish. Anyway, McDonald's has biscuits and gravy. I like that. I'll get crazy about twice a year and eat a Big Mac. Eating McDonald's all the time is not good for you, but an occasional McFish won't kill you. McDonald's provides entry level jobs for lots of kids. That does NOT influence my decision to eat there. I don't care who they hire so long as they don't spit in my food. 

Any Privately Owned Mexican Restaurant 
     If MaMasita is doing the cooking and her daughters are waiting the tables I'm IN! I always get the combination platter. Prices are right and most likely the food is real food. Amazing how such a skinny plate can fill you up. I don't eat Taco Bell. A few years ago when they had that little exposé about silicon in the beef and the CEO actually admitted it, and went on to explain how silicon is used safely for breast implants, also, well, I prefer my titties ala-carte. 

Korean Owned Used Appliance Shops
     Koreans are the most industrious people on the planet. If you can get all the pieces in a box they can make it work. The prices are negotiable and the warranty is simple. If it breaks, and you,didn't break it, they'll come out and fix it. Now, I don't like Korean Real Estate agents. Don't use them!

Corporate Barber Shops
     Prices are too high. I use a Korean shop and the barber's daughter rubs my neck 

ANY Online Dating Service
     Oh don't get me started. Friend of mine got me to go on Plenty Of Fish. I was honest in my profile and found Plenty Of Whales. That, and every transvestite in Nigeria. I KNEW better. I'll just pick up girls from HEB. 

     I could go on but I think you get the idea. I'm getting old now so I'm probably set in my ways. There are things I didn't get into like biker bars, I like them and Sushi, I don't like that. If you use my simple rule for personal preference your choices may be different from mine, but you'll be a lot happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment