Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Onion


From the death of Lavoy Finicum to little boys knocking on the door expecting a deceased father to answer, it has been a rocking year. We saw Donald Trump travel from amusing to not so much, and Republicans dropping out of the race faster than you can get a Big Mac at lunch. We discussed how America has failed some of us, and lied to all of us, and the combination of the articles began to peel like an onion when you step back, and begin to take it all in. The Onion began with nobody wanting to die and progressed from Oregon to Texas.
Burns, Oregon was still going during the next week, and I did a little bit of research on one Porter Rockwell. There are dots here, but you really gotta connect ‘em. I did this fairly well. It ended sadly when we lost good friend, and patriot, Johnny Johnson toward the beginning of the week.
Then I jumped on Beyonce in the third week. Dancing KKK and David Koresh. I don’t make it easy on myself, I’ll tell you. I talked about getting drunk, and pale horses, complete with graphs.
In the next week I turned to history as my grandchildren went to San Antonio, and fought the battle of the “Alamode.” We lost a judge, which was. . . special, and long about this time “The Donald” began to show some real numbers.
The fifth week led us back into the discussion of abortion, which is quite black and white, mainly black because that’s who Planned Parenthood is wiping out. My slippery friend, Teddy Bear, uncovered the Trump Machine setting up the south for a sweep, and by golly, that’s what happened. Just me and Rush, folks. Then I went looking for the fabled forty acres and a mule and wound up quoting Rubio’s silly “real estate deal” statement from the debates.
The following week saw David Duke crawl out from under his rock, a discussion about hand sizes, and a rather unscholarly poke at Ted Cruz. Then, trying for a spot on Animal Planet, I discussed the Jackalope.
Wound up in Utah, and arrived just in time for their primary. This was a two-week catchup because I’d been looking for a cup of coffee. Since I was right in the middle of it, I wrote a lot about guns, Finicum, and gun control.
Trump, no knock, and BS. Yep, that just about sums up the week here. I was so rolled up in Utah it was amazing that I could type at all, but I did.
This brings us down to the next week or so. Jesus in a cowboy hat, to Lin Ching in one of those funny cone shaped hats, the last week saw something called “Scared” which I’m told got a lot of attention. I didn’t think much of it, but then, who am I?
I think is along about this time that I caught religion and started expounding the Mormons in Utah. I had to eventually get off that and just come home to Texas, and upon returning the place was still there, and still leaving the US,
You have to understand that the organization of the articles are all there, maybe a little mixed at times. I drew the weekly reports on the fly, and sometimes they get a bit much to keep up with it all, but, if you peel the onion here you will find a little book of recent history with commentary, brought to you free, by Bill the Butcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment