Friday, September 30, 2016

So I'm Sitting There Watching Nancy Grace

So, I'm sitting there watching Nancy Grace last night, and I'm wondering why I'm so irritated. Well, first off she's hatchet faced, and for those of you who can't quite figure that out, just think about it a few minutes, and it'll come to you eventually. I think she may have some kind of legal background, but you can't take that from me. She jumps on this “Affluenza” kid (did I spell that right?) who had a car wreck while he's three sheets to the wind, and does a little county time, not a bunch, because he was a minor at the time he was convicted, and she brings on two lawyers who try to explain that while she interrupts, interjects, and leaps either to a commercial, or another completely unrelated story. At this point I discovered whiskey with a beer chaser made her more palatable.

Now, this is how stupid I am, I kept watching. I can't tell if she's liberal, or conservative. She does this bit on a missing little girl, and of course, no joke, just like everybody else, I'm into the story because we've all seen it dozens of times, and pretty much know how it's gonna turn out. Well, in this case it didn't, thank God, but right in the middle of the story she switches to God knows what, and leaves you hanging. What happened to the little girl? Seems we find her the next day, fine, no story there, and Grace leaps off in another direction. Then, she thanks the viewers, lawyers, and sponsors, and BAM, she's gone! I want my hour back.

I think what really irritates me is when confronted by knowledgeable people who try to tell her like it is, she plays to her audience, with dialog more ignorant than mine, plants a few sound bites, and exits, stage right. What's scary is she's obviously got a following because she's STILL THERE! The affluenza punk was a prime example. Children raised by WOLVES know that juveniles fall under a different criminal code than that of adults. The WOLVES even know that.

I watch a lot of “West Coast” style stuff, because I'm stupid, actually, and I'm taken by Robin Meade, but we’ll just leave that where it is. I don't know where she comes out of, but she looks west coast, and perhaps that's why I can't recall a single thing she's ever said. The phrase you looking for is “Male Chauvinist Pig.” That's what led me to Grace. Like I said, I'd heard she had a legal background, and really expected her to tear into a story. What she turned out to be was a carnival barker. She juggles, makes the lions roar, and here come the clowns. What I'm waiting on is an exclusive on the JonBenet case, and at the moment she's about to match the fingerprints on the water heater to the mailman she jumps to some wheelchair race in Murrietta, California. More whiskey and beer, roll the credits, fade to black!

No comments:

Post a Comment