Monday, October 10, 2016

Poopy Man

Well, we got to watch the face off between the wicked witch of the east and poopy man last night. I watched  the debate on CNN,, and made the mistake of continuing to listen to the commentary afterwards. The debate was wild, but the gymnastics of the reporters after was incredible. Ok, I get it, Trump said a dirty word. With women being a “yuge” voting block this may be the joker in the deck that gives Hillary a straight flush. CNN isn't going to let this go.

I've seen in the past the way CNN slants, insinuates, and enters into the debate itself, cloaked as moderating. They do this when they have no basis. I have to admit this “locker room” thing does have some meat, and CNN is going to  sauté it with garlic and onions. Let's get down to the bottom line.

American politics stinks. Last night revealed that we have hit a new low. Clinton HAS took a hammer to her server. She DID roll over and go back to sleep as Benghazi fell. She DID cover for Bill’s exploits in the White House, and she DIDN’T divorce him. Trump DID make jokes about grabbing women “down there” against their will. Now, I'm going to be candid with you, and you may be surprised. Because of the songs I've recorded, I have a terrible reputation among people who've never met me. I'm sixty-five years old and I have never grabbed a woman like that. My mother told me if I ever showed disrespect to a lady she’d beat me with an iron skillet. Mom’s gone, but I still have the skillet.  When someone makes a statement that if you have enough money you can do whatever you want to women it should give you pause.

Words mean things. When you hear someone orally fantasize about such things you must ask yourself where the base line is? Was it pure fantasy or was there a little wishful thinking, or even an action somewhere in the past? The final result is we now have a campaign between two people that really nobody wants. Democrats cannot get past those emails, and republicans can't get out of that bus! It almost makes a third term for Obama enticing.

I don't think this crisis is going to be easy on Donald. He's a fighter. He will fight until the end. Hillary already has a TV ad up using clips from last night. His campaign was slipping since the first debate. I noticed the poll numbers turn around. From the moment Trump announced his run he has clawed his way up the ladder. Always up. When he won the nomination it lent legitimacy to his candidacy. Last week’s downturn marked the first time the Trump Train seemed to be running out of steam. The release of the private tape came at exactly the right time to emphasize this, and the herd of republican congressmen running for the door only served to emphasize the enormity of the effect on the republican lunge for the White House.

The campaign is reduced to a mud fight. Trump slings, Clinton tries to be coy, and slings back. It's similar to a scene from the remake of the movie, “Vacation” where the family finds itself swimming in a sewer thinking it’s the hot springs. As the mud slinging continues it'll come down to which candidate doesn't stink as bad. . There is much speculation about who will win, and who will lose, but I'm reminded of an old Paul Simon tune.

Going to the candidates’ debate
Laugh about it, talk about it
When it's time to choose
Every way you look at it, you lose

No comments:

Post a Comment