Friday, October 17, 2014

Grits Dummy!

  I love evolution of news stories. This Ebola thing is a perfect example of that. We have gone from the government telling us if you were stabbed in the heart with a dagger dipped in Ebola spit you MIGHT have a ten percent chance of contracting the disease to locking someone up on a cruise she because they carried a sealed blood sample to a lab! Wow! Well, we certainly did away with the theory that this crap isn’t air borne didn’t we Ollie? 

I hate to admit it but Texas didn’t get it right this time. When the first two Ebola patients came here, (remember the doctor) and everybody went into a dead panic, NOBODY got infected and the patients got well.  There was never a concern about the nurses, or staff, or dogs, or ANYTHING. One guy strolls into a hospital in Dallas and now they’re shutting schools in Belton, Texas down! This is precisely why I don’t go to doctors! My brother swears by them and he now has all kinds of health problems. I bent to the will of everyone and went for a checkup, and after eighteen months my lab results were perfect! Heck, I knew that when I went in! 

Now, this stuff is contagious, ok? It is dangerous, but as I pointed out above we’ve already had two successful Ebola patients in the country with no dramatic results, in fact, probably learned a bit about the disease from treating them. What in the world was in the Dallas hospital’s mind letting EbolaMan walk into the emergency room, and just stroll right out into the street? But, that having been said, what was in Africa is now just eight miles down the road from where I sit. And I’m not going to blame Obama for this one. WE let EbolaMan in, and WE turned him loose in the street. I wish he’d flew to L. A. 


You will see more cases pop up.  You will see mass panic, school close, people moving, and all the rest. The up side is we will learn about Ebola. I mean, this IS America, not Pago Pago, or where ever the hell this stuff came from. Isn’t Africa wonderful.  I watch all the nature shows with those idiots in khaki shorts chasing apes all through the brush, and I think about all the marvelous contributions Africa has given us; AIDS, Ebola, Big Daddy Idi Amin. . . I mean, wow! Just WOW! Back in the day I was one of those fools who bought into the whole “Roots” thing. You remember that, don’t you? Kunta skipping through the woods like a gay Rhodes scholar saying, “I SHALL make a drum!” By the time he got here all he could say was, “Grits, Dummy!” Now we have this, and we’re STILL taking flights from Africa! Stupid is as stupid does.

No comments:

Post a Comment