Friday, October 3, 2014

Life Sucks

Have you ever noticed that life never seems to go right? Now I’m not going to do one of those “I’m quitting Facebook” things, but I want to enlighten you as to life in general. Life sucks! That’s not good, it’s not bad, it just is. But, life swings back and forth. The lows are the “pits” but the highs generally make up for it. Let’s face it; we’re all bound for the graveyard. Can’t get away from that. Today you are a little bit more unhealthy than you were yesterday, and tomorrow will be one step closer to your last breath. In the end you lose. I love life insurance. You make a bet you won’t die and if you do, you win! How about them odds, huh? 

I’m not a depressed person, really, I’m not. And I don’t look for great spiritual reasons as to why bad things happen to good people, and I don’t blame God when I get what I so richly deserve. I’ve found that good mornings generally get me through the day. Screw up my morning and the day is gone from that hour onto bedtime. Generally, being a writer, when I’m really down the good stories flow. When I’m happy I’m usually too happy to write. Go figure. 

Having goals helps. Not having a goal is kinda like stopping at a stop sign and waiting for it to turn green. To state a purpose and proceed toward it makes the day go faster, and you feel like at least you’re here for a reason. Family used to be my reason, but family doesn’t really exist. I think family is an illusion we put forward so we pretend we aren’t alone. Well, we are alone. In the end no one goes to whatever the other side is, but you. And you do it alone. 

Robin Williams found this fact of life, hanging by a belt, alone in a bedroom. I don’t think it was any one event that drove him to that morning, I think it was a realization. I’ve never been suicidal. I always see a silver lining eventually. No night is so dark that I don’t know the sun will rise. But, when the sun rises and you see Ebola being shipped into the country you just have to wonder, “Why?” If you go looking for justice you’ll go crazy. Don’t look for it because it’s simply not there. 


No, I’m not depressed. No, I’m not looking for a belt and a closet, and NO, I’m NOT getting married again. Just reflecting. I watched Puck go through another one of her ordeals with stealing food overnight, with all the yelling and screaming and the morning went to crap, and I sat back and just considered. No, I don’t blame God, and yes, I will be here every day pounding out what little understanding I think I have. I think I’m bi-polar because when I have a morning like this morning I bounce back with new energy. Guess that’s the best . Life does suck, but if it sucked and was boring at the same time that would be unacceptable. I need a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment