Thursday, March 19, 2015

White Guilt

Heck, I’m not far enough out on this limb I’ve been on all week, let’s talk about white guilt! Now, I’m NOT going to use the “N” word for a bunch of reasons. First off, I promised Crystal Lee that I would “tone it down,” when we made our agreement. Next, I use FaceBook as a ramp, and Doc Greene counts on me to grind out these articles. I can’t afford bail for FaceBook jail. If you want to get my more “direct” perspective just join me in an “after” party at our next rally in Austin with a little Beam and I’ll enlighten you. That having been said I wish to address some things here. 

In “Animal Farm” it was said that while all animals are equal, some are more equal than others. Well, friends and neighbors, that’s what we have here. Ever since Rosa Parks jumped on that bus the tail has been wagging the dog. I’m not saying that some things didn’t need to be addressed, but we white folk are a peculiar lot. Long after a problem is solved we will hold onto something and make it “cool” or “in” and wear it like a new pair of Nikes. We will even adopt certain lifestyles that have absolutely nothing to do with anything rational and act like we fit. We don’t! 

Then you got black folk changing their stripes about every two or three years. First we had “Colored,” then “Negro,” which evolved into “Black,” and now we’ve got. . . well, you know. They changed the “r” to an “a” like that was going to sanitize it or something. Right about then they turned their hats backwards, put their sunglasses on the back of their heads, stuck grills in their mouths and pulled down their pants. DUDES! Don’t get mad, I’m just telling it like it is, ok? And you’ve got all these white kids running around imitating them like they got good sense! Mix a little Affirmative Action and there you have it! The end result is while we crackers can’t go on the capitol grounds with a water pistol, the New Black Panthers can parade up there with loaded rifles, shouting, “Kill the white man,” and the DPS acts like a drunken cheerleader after the homecoming game. Where did all this come from? White guilt!

For the record I’ve never owned a slave. There’s some black chicks I’d like to own, but let’s not go there. To my knowledge no Witt ever owned a slave. We were poor white trash, and poor white trash worried about supper, not slaves. I honestly have no guilt about what anyone did in 1845. Combine that with the fact that I’ve never seen anyone have to sit in the back of a bus, never seen a “white only” water fountain, and I missed all those lynchings I hear so much about back in the 1950’s. When I moved to Texas in 1962 there was a fully integrated school system (imagine that) and I took no notice of it. About the only thing I did notice is that the black kids had names just like us, but, as you know, the black folk fixed THAT, too! So why is white society tippy toeing around this subject? 

The rules are so detailed that you can’t keep up with them all. Just about anything a white person says will be twisted to be “racist.” “You people” was one phrase that could never be uttered in polite society. While the blacks were wearing out horses to make sure we understood they were a culture off to themselves, if we recognize that and say, “You people,” it is the end of the world! Well, you people listen up! We have turned a magic corner here. I’ve noticed something.  It’s in its infancy right now, but it’s growing. We’re LAUGHING at you. Don’t get mad, just sit down and shut up! We’ve heard the “N” word come out of your mouths so much that the very term is now funny. It’s not cool, it’s not a political statement, it’s not a token of love for your own people, it’s your effort to get BACK on the back of that bus, and brothers and sisters, there are enough of us to put you there if that’s what you really want. We are headed for a segregated society here’s how it’s  going to look!

No one in their right mind can put the Apostle Claver in the same category as Al Sharpton. No one can listen to Dr. John David Manning and now consider his logic. Now those are facts! There are people of color who WANT to drive a nice car, wear the best clothes, eat in the finest restaurants, and are willing to work for it. Then there’s them fellers who hang out in some convenience store parking lot bumming cigarettes and showing their underwear to anyone who cares to look, while white liberals slither around, hanging their heads and feeliing real bad because SOMEone make a black dude pick cotton back in  1769! There’s your dividing line right there! When this baby is birthed there are going to be two cultures. Them, and US. They are going to be all the homeboys, led by the most holy Al Sharpton, and our group following whomEVER has demonstrated the most ability to climb life’s ladder to the top. Oh, by the way, in the end we’re going to have all the money, and THEY will be hoping that food stamps don’t run out. And THEY will not be all black.  I know there are people out there right NOW calling me a racist because I just said all that, and they will try to say I’m profiling all blacks. Au Contraire! THEY are going to be blacks with a good seasoning of stupid white liberals trying to fit into a culture that hates them, and we are going to be everybody else. Whites, blacks, Mexicans, Chinese, Fat Dagos, you name it! WE are going to found nations, create jobs, eat prime rib, and THEY are going to be demonstrating, rapping, making more babies and telling us it’s all OUR fault. 

You’ll never see a world without THEM, folks. To imagine that IS racist. Like the Master said, “The poor you will always have with you.” The poor, the lazy, the stupid, the uneducated, the bent, twisted, the bizarre world of the disenfranchised. And, because there’s MONEY in it. There will always be a few of US who will champion their cause. Check out that word, “money.” You see, that’s the key. Take the worse rap song you’ve ever heard, and I can assure you that somewhere in the system there is a white dude running to the bank. Don’t tell me I’m wrong, I’ve BEEN to Nashville! I knew a rapper back in ’92 who got a hit. He was funded by two Italian guys from New York, with offices right down there on Music Square, laughing all the way to the bank!

Until that day we will have to stumble around the “N” word. THEY need the “N” word because it keeps that white guilt going, and they sure need THAT! The very minute you don’t buy into that nonsense the entire black subculture disappears like so much cotton candy and all you have left is a few fools showing their butts, bumming cigarettes! See how that lightens your load? I’ve met the Apostle Claver one time. It was down in Austin. He shook my hand and said, “You are a great composer.” Before I met him I had mentally put him on a pedestal. I didn’t do this from any guilt about what our ancestors did, I did it because I’ve studied his career and was blown away. For a man of that stature to give me, a Simple Ol’ Boy From Austin, that dignity was something I will always cherish. How can I not give that respect back to him? There’s a lot of room in the new world for the Clavers out there. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment