Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Still Crazy After All These Years

     With midterm elections over it's time to look to the future and address issues that have been cropping up here and there. First a little personal business, which I never do but you gotta air the laundry sometime. As a lot of you know we fought an epic battle with the CPS over my grand kids. I will NOT bore you with the details because they are boring. Suffice to say it destroyed our business, cost us a couple million, and in the end our family was scattered to the wind, BUT the babies are safe, and after several name changes they are growing up within the family. It cost us something else. Jackie went to ground exactly like she said she'd do, and I had to divorce my wife of thirty years to satisfy the CPS' ego. My now ex-wife gave her business, her homes and her health to save the babies. She has suffered three heart attacks due to this pressure, surviving the latest two days ago. The good news is things are looking good. The family came together in support from all over the world, all but our little Jackie, but we respect her absence, and strength. She really did stand at the gates of the Alamo, and from her ashes a Phoenix rose. Sometimes all a person has to offer is their blood, and the little Jew from Detroit gave all. 

     Now to elections. I supported Kathie Glass. I knew from the beginning that a win was not in the cards, but once you are in the presence of Jackie, standing beside Kathie is easy! Now that it's over I can speak freely. Kathie had some good ideas. I spoke with her one on one. Her problem was the Libertarian party. How can I put this? Let me see. Ok, the Libertarian party is as crazy as a fart in a hurricane. That about sums it up. The Gay Alliance shattered any semblance of unity like glass. There was a movement at the convention to vote NOTA, none of the above. I said it then, and I say it now, why drive all,that way, spend all,those hours, and all that money, to walk out of the convention with no candidate? And I listened to all these seasoned Libertarians telling me all about this NOTA crap, but, as always, I'm just a simple ol' boy from Austin and that don't make no SENSE! 

     There were improprieties at the convention. Candidates not eligible, candidates with warrants, and candidates laying in fields of blue bonnets with their butts sticking up in the air. (And they call ME Weird Wilbur!) There was no unity or purpose. Kathie took the nomination, but what did she get? She got NO support from the party as individual members pursued their various windmills. Well, it's over, we lost, and we're "Still crazy after all these years!" (You can swat them bees now.)

     I did not agree with Kathie not supporting Doc Greene after his remarks on the gay lifestyle. I would have stood with him. He hated the sin while loving the sinner. I heard the broadcast. I read the transcript. That lifestyle is dangerous. It IS irregular. I'm not sucking up, but I don't pick friends based on their sexuality. And I'm not a liberal. I just don't have time for it. Doc stood by Kathie even after he stepped down from his position with the party. I respect that. I didn't voice my opinion because we we fighting for a win, or at least a  "show" in the horse race of politics. Well, we got that "show." We showed our butts! I stayed in for the long haul, but I am no longer a Libertarian. 

     Now for a final feature. I missed the Doc Greene show yesterday, but I was on Mikee Bee's show last night and from what I gathered there was a point of contention in the Raging Elephants chat room yesterday. I understand all positions. Mikee perceived statements as being told how to think. Doc's position was a vote, so matter how hopeless, is still a vote. As I said on the show last night I hope all parties can meet on middle ground and work it all out. 

     One thing you must remember is the Apostle Claver runs this deal. It was his idea, his inspiration and his plan to change the demographics of the Republican Party to include more black people who have been mislead and double crossed by the Democrats. That's the core of Raging Elephants. There are dozens of side issues, but that's the purpose of the broadcasts.  If the public likes the content the station will succeed. If not, change the format. It's as simple as that. 

     So, finally, we are stuck with Abbott. (This is my surprised face.) Political realities. You need a unified party to win, and Texas women will not support baby killing whores no matter how "in" they come across. We still have a border problem. People are still in prison for smoking a joint, and the DPS is still ignoring the Texas constitution, marching to the beat of its own drummer. We have work to do! Usually I try to inject a little humor. Sorry I'm not very funny today, but did you hear the one about the two Rabbis walking into a bar with a alligator on a leash?

No comments:

Post a Comment