Saturday, January 31, 2015

FaceBook Jail

I was wondering what I was going to write about today and I woke up in Facebook Jail! Seems that Facebook took offense at my little story about goats in lipstick. They removed the article from my “Simple Ol’ Boy” page, asked me if I’d like to unpublish it for a while and cleanse  it of any offending material. Now, the funny thing is, as you may or may not know, the article is EVERYWHERE on Facebook, and it’s still THERE! I have several pages and groups that I routinely publish to each day when the content of the article is appropriate for their  content. My main outlets are WordPress and Google Plus. Raging Elephants has me as an Op-Ed and pretty Miss Crystal Lee Laramore is kind enough to run my stuff when I don’t cuss too much. 

Now, I’m not going to sit here and cry in my coffee because FaceBook suspended my posting for twenty-four hours. If you will NOTE, I’m still writing. I started using Facebook because it was just THERE. It wasn’t a big strategy or plan, I just came up with some groups and pages and messed around with it. After BlogTalk Radio, RER, The Dam Good Times, and all the Google stuff I kept posting to Facebook just because I had always done it. It’s actually a pain in the butt if you want to know the truth. The penetration of all the other mediums is much greater. Oh, and yeah, I have a BOOK out and Amazon is tickled PINK with me. 

For me Facebook gives a very low return on investment. I’m not sure if the company deliberately skews view of things until you pay them some money or not, but I have posted articles that burned UP WordPress and the same one gets maybe, MAYBE, two “likes” and three or four views on Facebook. I’m NOT an idiot. I’ve got too many cases of old records in my garage for that!  That’s why I write as much as I do. I never beat a dead horse, I just get another horse. I’ve seen people throw good money after bad at a terrible song over the years when they should have just moved on to another one. 

What was my great sin? I said the word “Akbar” in conjunction with a woman! I also insinuated something about goats in lipstick and everyone knows Muslim goats are not allowed to wear lipstick.  Says that somewhere in the Qu’ran, I believe. I offended the Muslim Community. So, someone complained and Facebook got its pound of flesh by blocking me from posting for one day, but they kinda stepped on it in one other area. Don’t tell a songwriter with over forty years in the business the he just got a hit! The same article is doing quite well everywhere else while I’m getting the same two or three reads on Facebook. Posting to Facebook actually took some time, a lot more that all the other areas combined. As a matter of fact, I had to start paying more attention to areas like Linkedln and Twitter that I had previously ignored because I was  worrying about Facebook! My followers there surprised me! Anyone know who GenAbbott is on Twitter. He’s one of my followers! Michael Moore too. Lots of others. 

YouTube has always been kind to me, and brothers and sisters I’ve put some JUNK up there! But you see, YouTube is different. I’m a YouTube Partner, have been for years. I allow them to put Ads on my stuff, pay me in wooden nickels, and they like that! That’s why I have a David Alan Coe Video approaching a million hits right now and two HUGE discussion groups stemming out of it. What started as practically a race war evolved into a fairly refined critique of country music, and although I personally have not chimed in on the chat there are some pretty good postings there, all coming from David’s dirty little record. Where do you think “Weird Wilbur” came from. Do you think I sold all those underground records because I did a new edition of “Rock of Ages?” Au Contraire! How do you think I ended up in that picture of me sitting in a Mercedes in front of a house that looked a lot like Elvis’ place? I didn’t win the lottery! I cut CDs so rank that Roy Acuff would look down and spit on the ground every time my name got mentioned. I never played his Grand Ol’ Opry, but I sure ate a lot of catfish right across the street at the Nashville Palace! 

So here I sit in Facebook jail. What amazes me, and I’m not complaining, is Angela Box can call Muslims everything but a white man and truck right along. I must have really hit a nerve! BooYah! I’m a type number one capitalist and a fairly good wordsmith. Don’t tell ME I’ve just created some controversy based on something I said. I will make a LOT of money and you will eat a LOT of Tums! And I’m not going to go on and on about how “fair” or “unfair” it is. I don’t give a FLIP about their “religion.” All I know is I popped them. That’s all I need. That means I sell more books. Nanner Nanner Nanner. . .  FACE BOOK! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment