Friday, May 1, 2015

How I Really Think

     I was being facetious when I said I got my feelings hurt yesterday. You'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to hurt my feelings. I've been married five times, been run off so many times that I thought PMS meant "pack my stuff." What happened was I took off after Al Sharpton yesterday. Now, I'm going to go on record. I think Al Sharpton is a shallow minded, race baiting, lying pimp! He scans the headlines for anything he can inject himself into for a tidy sum, and he hasn't done one thing to improve the human condition, white or black. Anyway, there were two people who took exception to my article, and that's fine. Now, they didn't READ the article, or at least didn't read it with any comprehension. They leaped, like savage rabbits, and played that rusty old race card! THAT always irritates me. For somebody to read something that I've written, completely ignore the foundation, and come back with, "Oh, you just saying that 'cause he's black!" Nigga please! (Is that racist enough for you, honey?) 

     So I checked out my two opponents. Frankly, today I don't even remember their names, but the guy actually went to the University of Texas. Now, I'm an old Texas hard liner so that set me back a bit. Kid went to UT so he HAD to have learned SOMETHING! Then I went and checked out the girl. Cute! That goes a long way with me. (Hmmmmm. I might not be a racist but I AM a Chauvinist!) Anyway she made statements that my article wasn't even an article for various reasons, and mentioned that I had horse whipped the Muslims a week ago also. She harangued my style, my content, and said that I was arrogant. Now, I'm fixing to get real blunt here, reader's discretion advised! FYI, my own brother made fun of the title of my last book and I haven't spoke to him for two years. 

     I write dozens of articles every day. I've written four books, three thousand songs, been in Country music for over forty years, and I'm not about to take criticism from some hula girl with a Facebook account! My writing style is actually contrived. I didn't just stumble upon it one day in the shower. I use a theory I refer to as "circles." The human mind reaches for completion. THAT'S why a song will get stuck in your head. Because you mind missed something and struggles to complete it. Fifty cents worth of psychiatric input there. That's also what makes a song work. Verse, verse, chorus, lead riff, verse, chorus and out. Perfect circle! If you study most of my articles you'll see that pattern almost every time. 

     There are two more elements. Humor, and simplicity. There are seven things that will construct humor in the brain. My humor is by comparison. Take a situation, paint mental images, easy to remember, with little Texas catch phrases like, "save your fork," and "swat them bees," to cement the prose of the article in the readers mind, compare the two and voila! You have humor. I don't write ANYTHING by accident! Every line, every word is placed exactly where I intended it to be. I don't use repetitive "ands" but I do throw in slang, and words like "gonna, ain't," and even a sloppy double negative here and there, and I do it for a reason. SIMPLICITY! When I address a complex situation I step back, look at it, and ask myself, "Now what is this guy REALLY saying?" Just like my  opinion of Al Sharpton. For everything he's ever said, or written, it all boils down to, "Give me de money!" 

     You can never predict my position on any matter, because I don't know my position on any matter until I write it. I didn't not agree with George Zimmermans shooting of Trayvon Martin, but frankly, I'd have shot Michael Brown from the car! My logic was simple. For all the MMA crap, Martin could NOT knock Zimmerman out. I, myself, been attacked by not one but THREE black thugs in my own driveway, and I didn't kill anybody, and it's not because I have the light of sweet Jesus in my eyes.  It's because when you stick a gun in someone's mouth they go from thug to PHD in two seconds flat! And, oh yeah, I only did that cause they was black! <Wink, wink.> For the record they embarked on a huge conspiracy to steal my cigarettes! 

     Now let's jump on the religion thing. Yeah, I'm gonna go there, deal with it. I think most religion is silly. Not God, RELIGION! I was a devout Catholic, and before that I was a devout Baptist.  Now I'm just a devout ME! I admire people like my friend Doc Greene who can live their faith and not hurt anyone, but when I see Muslims, the Westboro Baptist Church, and sidewalk, soapbox preachers looking forward to the end of the world like Al Sharpton, you damn well better know that I'm gonna express an opinion! If you want to pray five times a day and never eat a ham sandwich, I'm cool with that, but when you blow an old lady's head off in the street because of the crazy ramblings of some guy  who died sixteen hundred years ago we gotta talk! I SAW David Koresh, and NOT on CNN. 

     As far as acceptance of my writings? Well, I'm sitting here having a very dry martini, a Roosevelt Peter, smoking a Nicaraguan cigar on the porch of one of my three houses. So, to address that young lady from yesterday with a mouth full of opinions, yeah honey, I'm a bit arrogant. Matter of fact I'd like to run a few martins through you and see what pops out the other end. When you get past sixty or so you become pretty much settled in your opinions. You tend to view the world with a pretty jaundiced eye, but mainly you see things and people for what they really are. 

     I pulled out of Glozens yesterday because I knew that anyone small minded enough to address my articles in such a fashion would probably run to Facebook like a little child and I'd go to Facebook jail (again.) I've got books to sell. Martinis and cigars cost MONEY, and I don't have the gig the REVEREND Al Sharpton has. I have to budget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment